NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR OUR 2018 FALL EDUCATIONAL INTERNSHIP 16 WEEK COURSE!
We are a Raleigh-based company specializing in unique specialty rentals for corporate events, weddings, photo shoots and more. We help clients develop their vision by assisting in the utilization of our stunning, one-of-a-kind rentals. We are obsessed with the latest trend and will bring your Pinterest dreams to life.
We are so excited to be offering our first ever immersive internship course. We are eager to share our knowledge with individuals who are interested in a potential career in the wedding industry. We will handpick interns to join us in a 16 week internship course diving into all the “must knows” for working in the wedding industry while getting first hand experience behind the scenes.
“The mission of the Greenhouse Picker Sisters Educational Internship Course is to provide interns with core competencies and experiential learning opportunities in preparation for successful careers and leadership roles in the wedding industry and to instill values of lifelong learning and community service.”
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the program, interns will be able to:
- Illustrate proficiencies and skills relevant to the operational areas of a rental company, specifically within the wedding industry.
- Apply effective communication skills
- Evaluate information and make decisions using critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Apply ethical reasoning and professional judgement
At the completion of this course, students will have:
- Utilized common special events terminology
- Described responsibilities of an event manager or planner
- Developed goals and objectives for a special event
- Identified 3 local event suppliers/ vendors, at least on caterer providing food and beverage.
- Developed a timeline for event planning and a schedule of events.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Eligible participants must be 18 years of age, a current graduate, or undergraduate college student, have a valid driver’s license with auto insurance and is available to work occasional weekends. Proficiency with Google Docs and WordPress are desired, but not required.
Our ideal intern would be pursuing a career in the hospitality, wedding, or events industry.
Our intern would ideally be energetic, creative, and adaptable at a moment’s notice, with the ability to be a self starter and think on their feet. Bonus points if you aren’t afraid of a little DIY furniture rehab.
This internship is unpaid!
If you are organized, detail-oriented and are driven by passion and creativity, stop what you’re doing and complete the following application by September 14th, 2018.
Images: A.J. Dunlap